Pics4U

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Expression Web Learning Experience

REVIEW:
Well, let's just say going through the book, "Sams Teach Yourself Microsoft Expression Web 4 in 24 Hours" was quite a journey. Most the book was spot on, some was off enough that if you didn't know how to 'fix' it, you'd be stumped. Some chapters towards the end stumped me for a day or two, and was very discouraging. The site the author has to go along with the book should be updated to reflect these discrepancies. I would have documented them, but it was all I could do to get through it.
The book in general was a good way to get the basics. So in that respect it was definitely useful and helpful. I'll document the problems as I 're~find' them, and post them. I'll even use it as a guide to actually build my own website, but will also use the microsoft site with many useful tutorials, and other sites I've found with helpful information. I'll probably even make a section on my website for this information, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment